Makeup Look Lust: Diane Kruger
While the Met Gala displayed numerous noteworthy and potential Makeup Look Lusts, we are really lusting over Diane Kruger’s flawless almost ethereal look. While her skin and eyes screamed subtle luminosity, the vibrancy of her red orange lips against her flawless base and stunning Chanel gown oozed feminine simplicity. Chanel makeup was primarily used on Diane Kruger, however, below we have mixed it up a bit an included a variety of makeup brands that we think could help you recreate this look! Face
- Diane Kruger’s skin looks youthful and luminous. To achieve this, use a foundation like Chanel’s infamous Vitalumiere Satin Smoothing Fluid Makeup. This foundation will help to revive the skin and give it a healthy glowing look.
- Use a light reflecting concealer like Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat. Opt for a peach toned concealer as this will counteract any dark circles you may have!
- Set the skin with Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre, which is a loose setting powder. Use an almost rosy toned bronzer / blusher like ‘harmony’ by MAC.
- For the eyebrows, keep in natural. Diane’s brows look full and almost untamed, creating a perfectly imperfect look and making her look more youthful! For this step, use an eyeshadow like MAC (‘charcoal brown’ for light coloured hair or ‘brun’ for darker hair) to lightly fill and then brush the brows up to achieve a bushy effect.
- For the actual eye makeup, Diane has gone for a subtle warm matte purple toned eyeshadow. A perfect shade to create this look is “Haux” by MAC, which is a soft muted rosy brown shade. Buff this across the lids, focusing on the crease and buff up and out to create a subtle fanned out smokey effect. Buff whatever eyeshadow is left on the brush gently under the eyes too. Then go over this with your bronzer which will warm up the eyes even more.
- On the inner corners of the eyes, highlight with a light shimmery colour like “Shroom” by MAC.
- Use liquid eyeliner to create a small cate eye flick. L’Oreal Paris Super Liner Perfect Slim Intense is an easy to control liner that is perfect for achieving a cat eye flick!
- Brush your lashes with a mascara that helps separate, define and lift the lashes like Eyeko skinny brush mascara, which is an amazing mascara which helps create voluminous lashes without going overboard!
- Use ‘Rouge Coco’ lipstick by Chanel to achieve the perfect red orange lip!