More simply put:
This is our Privacy Statement, to which you need to agree in order to use fafinder.How do we collect information from you? We collect the below information through your web browser and/or mobile device or by email. For retailers, we may also collect some information about your shop by phone or in person. What information do we collect? We fully respect your right to privacy in relation to your interactions with the Service and endeavour to be transparent in our dealings with you as to what information we will collect and how we will use your information. We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Website or App or by corresponding with us by e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Website or App, subscribe to our Service, search for content, buy an item through the Service, place an order for our Service via our Website, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Website, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, personal description and photograph. If you are buying an item or items through our Service, you may also provide payment information to our third party payment processor. Currently this payment processor is Stripe. We do not see full payment information as our payment processor looks after the payments, but we do see the type of card used, the last four digits of the card and the expiry date of the card.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform. We collect this information from visitors to our Website or App for various technical and statistical purposes such as to block disruptive use and to establish the number of visits from different countries. We may analyse this data to understand our users and how they use the Service, such as which parts of the Service users are visiting and how long they spend there, in order to make our Service better.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, purchases, length of visits to certain pages, page or App interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Information we receive from other sources. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and fashion brands) and may receive information about you from them. We collate information on all our Website and App traffic that is represented in aggregate, anonymised format through cookies, and through third parties such as Google Analytics. This helps us to improve our Website and App and to deliver many of the functions that make your experience on fafinder more user friendly.
- Location. The fafinder App or Website may request permission to use your location data in order to provide you with localised services, such as listing which boutiques are located nearby. This is a completely optional feature, and you are not required to activate it in order to use the fafinder App or Website. If at any time you wish to opt out of location services, you can do this from the options or settings menu of the fafinder app and/or through the settings of your mobile device or web browser.
More simply put:
We need to collect some technical information about your computer or mobile device so that you can use fafinder. The information we collect is the same kind that most websites and apps collect.How do we use the information you give to us and that we collect about you? In order to deliver you the features and functionalities of the fafinder Service, we need to use certain information about you and your use of the Service. This includes displaying content you upload to the service, such as “fotocons” and comments, and displaying profile information, such as name and location, to other users of the Service. In addition, your profile and/or username may be displayed alongside, or be associated with, content you interact with, for example fotocons you “love” or “want”, or users you “follow”. We will use the information to allow us and others make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may interest you. We may also use your preference information on an aggregated basis (where you are not personally identifiable) for our business, research, product development and marketing purposes. Other than as outlined below, we do not make personally identifiable information relating to living individuals (“Personal Data”) available to any third party and we do not sell any Personal Data to third parties. Finally, we reserve the right to analyse users’ usage of the Service, in order to make fafinder better. We will not disclose any user’s Personal Data, such as phone number or email address or any of the other Personal Data listed above, to any third party other than to our contracted service providers and business partners that help us deliver the Service or to retailers when you are purchasing an item through our Service. We will disclose your Personal Data to other users to the limited extent that this information (such as your profile photo and username) is disclosed to other users or retailers you interact with via our Service. fafinder’s internal use of your Personal Data is limited to providing the Service to you with appropriate data protection and security measures in place.
More simply put:
We only use this information to deliver you the Service and to help us make it better.Disclosure of your information We may share your Personal Data with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Our hosting provider who may only use the information to administer our Website or App. The hosting provider is required to keep all information private and secure.
- We use a third party processor to help us process retailers’ requests for information about our Service or how to sign up to our Service.
- Services such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram where you sign into our Service via their services.
- Retailers when you buy a product from a retailer through the Service.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts and content to you. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers or content providers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 women aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, men in Cork). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement or content to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If frockadvisor Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of frockadvisor Limited, our customers, or others.
- your name;
- your address or addresses for shipping purposes;
- the name and address of any third party that will receive the item;
- a contact number so that the retailer can provide the number to its shipping provider and/or discuss your order; and
- your email address.
- to complete your order;
- where necessary, to contact you to clarify aspects of your order;
- where required to do so for legal reasons or law enforcement requests; and
- to ensure that your order is shipped to you. Please note that where retailers use a third party delivery service, the retailer may share your name, address and, where required, your email address and/or telephone number with the delivery service.
More simply put:
We may disclose your information to our business partners, to advertisers, to retailers and in circumstances where our company or business is sold or where there is a legal obligation to do so.Where we store your personal data The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things the provision of support services. By submitting your Personal Data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where you have chosen a password, which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
More simply put:
Information that we collect from you may be transferred outside the EEA. We have security measures in place to protect your data and we ask you to help by keeping your password confidential. We cannot guarantee that your information will be secure due to the risks involved in transmitting information over the internet.Opt Out and Unsubscribe Information The fafinder Service may request permission to send you push notifications. This is a completely optional feature and you are not obligated to activate it in order to use the fafinder Service. If you do choose to have push notifications activated, we may send alerts to your mobile device or web browser informing you of activity within the app, including but not limited to: comments on your fotocons, fotocons posted by users you are following, and messages sent to you from other users. If at any time you wish to opt out of push notifications, you can do this through the settings of your mobile device or web browser. In certain cases, we may need contact you via email with important information about your account or about the Service, such as when you request a new password, updates to our terms, or in response to any support queries you have submitted. From time to time, we may contact you via email with exciting news about the fafinder Service, such as new features or upcoming events. If you wish to unsubscribe from these emails, you may do so by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the email.
More simply put:
You can opt out of any non-essential communications from us, like newsletters and push notifications, at any time, but we will keep your email address on file in case we need to contact you about something important like account security or changes to our terms.Deleting Your Account If you wish to delete your fafinder account, you can do this from the options or settings menu of the app. Your account will be removed from the fafinder platform immediately, and your profile and related profile information, including any content and content interactions, will no longer be visible to the fafinder community. This cannot be undone, so please ensure you are certain you want to delete your account before doing so. Please note it may take up to 90 days for your Personal Data to be completely deleted from our backend servers.
More simply put:
You can delete your account at any time. Once it’s done, everything is gone and there’s no going back!Third Party Websites Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these websites. Subject Access Requests If you are living within the EU, you have the right to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you, in accordance with the EU Data Protection Directive. If you would like to make a subject access request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may require photo ID or other identification documents to verify your request. We may charge a fee to administer your request. Changes to our Privacy Statement Any changes we may make to our Privacy Statement in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Privacy Statement. Contact Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Statement are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com.
- Strictly necessary cookies/local storage. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies/local storage. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region)
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
|Type||Cookie/Local storage Name||Purpose||Life|
|Cookie||cookieconsent_dismissed||Tracks whether you have dismissed the cookie notification popup.||1 year|
|Cookie||_ga, _gat, __gads||Google tracking cookies. These cookies are used by Google to provide analytics on your use of the site.||2 years|
|Cookie||_hp2_ses_props.*, _hp2_props.*, _hp2_id.*||Heap Analytics tracking cookies. These cookies are used to track how you use our service and match to your user profile.||2 years|
|Local storage||Access-Token||Used to authenticate you as you use our service and identify your account. Essential.||n/a|
|Local storage||userId||Used to identify your user record and speed up access to our service||n/a|
|Local storage||username||Used to display your username on our site||n/a|